Credentials: PhD, M.Ec, B.Ec (Hons.), Dip. Ed.
Committees: Investment; people and nominations
David is an economist with specialisations in competition, consumer and prices policy, and regulation. He has amassed over 35 years' experience in high level roles in the public sector, complemented by significant experience consulting to the private sector. He has had a long association with Monash University, where he taught in the Department of Economics and served as an Adjunct Professor in the Faculty of Law.
In 2009, David was made a member of the Order of Australia (AM) for 'service to the community through a range of executive roles contributing to the administration and development of consumer policy and legislation'.
- Deputy Chair, Consumer Policy Research Centre
- Deputy Monitor, NSW Emergency Services Levy Insurance Monitor
- Commissioner, Australian Competition and Consumer Commission
- Commissioner, Victorian Taxi Industry Inquiry
- Chair, Prices Surveillance Authority
- Deputy Chair, Migrant Workers’ Taskforce
- Director, Consumer Affairs Victoria
- Director, KPMG Consulting
- Principal, P.I. Research
Ethical investment is all about aligning personal values with investment choices. U Ethical's Ethical Investment Policy, which guides our investment practices, emphasises things that are important to me, like environmental sustainability and social justice. As a Non-Executive Director, I can help ensure the Policy is effectively applied so that our organisation has real impact in these areas, as well as providing financial benefit for our investors. A genuine commitment to ethical investment is what distinguishes U Ethical from most other investment managers.