Credentials: B Com, FCA, FAICD
Kris is an experienced chairperson and CEO with a demonstrated history of working in the accounting and regulatory landscapes, particularly in the public sector and NFP organisations. She has garnered strong financial and strategic skills developed during over 5 years as Chair and CEO of the Australian Accounting Standards Board (AASB) and 28 years with KPMG as a technical accounting expert. She is currently a Director of Goulburn Murray Rural Water Corporation, genU and Permanent Care and Adoptive Families as well as an independent member of the Victorian Department of Families, Fairness and Housing Audit and Risk Management Committee.
Kris has extensive experience in developing and implementing strategies, policies and processes for organisations, including managing risk, corporate governance and compliance. She holds a Master of Business - Accountancy, and is a Fellow of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand as well as a Graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
• Director - Goulburn-Murray Water
• Director - genU
• Director and Interim CEO Permanent Care and Adoptive Families (PCA Families)
• Audit and Risk Management Committee member - Victorian Department of Families, Fairness & Housing
• Standard Setting Board Nomination Committee member - Public Interest Oversight Board (PIOB)
• Chair and CEO Chair and CEO - Australian Accounting Standards Board
• Director - Open Gardens Australia
• President - YHA Bushwalking Victoria
• Partner, Department of Professional Practice - KPMG
The focus on ethical investing, and sustainability more generally is currently driving better stakeholder understanding of how investors and consumers impact our environment and society. Whilst financial reporting has made progress in helping capital markets fully value the scarce resources we use in producing goods and services, there is much more it needs to do. Having pushed for improved transparency in financial and corporate reporting as an accounting regulator, I look forward to working with U Ethical to continue this push from the other side as an investor. U Ethical’s reinvestment of surplus funds back into the community very much aligns with my values of empowering the vulnerable.